FAMOUS BLUE RAINCOAT - Jennifer Warnes
It's four in the morning, the end of December
十二月末的凌晨四点
I'm writing you now just to see if you're better
我正写着信,想知道你过得可好
New York is cold, but I like where I'm living
纽约的天很冷,但我觉得这挺好
There's music on Clinton Street all through the evening.
柯灵顿大街上,整晚都会有音乐传来
I hear that you're building
我好像听见你正在
your house deep in the desert
远方建造你的小屋
Are you living for nothing now?
平静地过完每一天
Hope you're keeping some kind of record.
多么希望你还能留住些值得眷恋的东西
Yes, and Jane came by with a lock of your hair
是的,Jane带回了一缕你的头发
She said that you gave it to her
她说这是你给她的
That night when you planned to go clear
那晚你真的已经忘记了
Did you ever go clear?
你能忘记吗?
Ah, the last time we saw you
哎,我们最后碰面的时候
you looked so much older
你看起来是那么的苍老
Your famous blue raincoat was torn at the shoulder
肩膀上,你的蓝雨衣破了洞
You'd been to the station to meet every train
你去车站,守候过往的每一辆列车
But she never turned up I'm Lili Marlene
却没能再遇见Lili
So you treated some woman to a flake of your life
你让我的女人变成了你生命中的一部分
And when she got home she was nobody's wife.
当她回来的时候,她已不是我的妻子
Well I see you there with a rose in your teeth
我看见你在那儿,齿间咬着玫瑰
One more thin gypsy thief
你这个该死的吉普赛骗子
Well I see Jane's awake
我看见Jane整晚都未能入睡
She sends her regards.
她想着你
And what can I tell you oh what can I tell you
哦,我还能告诉你什么,我的兄弟,
What can I possibly say?
还要我说什么呢?
I guess that I miss you, I guess I forgive you
我想我想念你了 我想我原谅你了
I'm glad that you stood in my way.
我多想你能在我的面前出现
And if you ever come by here, be it for Jane or for me
如果你路过此地,无论是为Jane,还是我
I want you to know your enemy's sleeping
我想让你知道 你的情敌睡着了
I want you to know your woman is free.
我想让你知道 你的女人自由了
Yes, and thanks, for the trouble you took from her eyes
是的,快来吧,请来带走她眼中的忧思
I thought it was there for good so I never really tried.
我想这是最好的,我已无能为力
And Jane came by with a lock of your hair
Jane带回了一缕你的头发
She said that you gave it to her
她说这是你给她的
That night when you planned to go clear
那天晚上,当你打算去解释清楚
Sincerely, a friend
真诚,朋友